If you suffered injuries while under the care of a medical professional, you may want to talk to a medical malpractice attorney Brooklyn trusts. These injuries may affect you for the rest of your life and you may be entitled to compensation. An experienced attorney may help you receive the justice you deserve.
Types of Medical Malpractice Claims
While most doctors are careful and attentive while caring for patients, mistakes can still happen. Here are common types of claims a medical malpractice attorney in Brooklyn may deal with:
- Negligence in Pregnancy and Birth: Although there have been great advances in obstetrics, there are still many things that can go wrong during pregnancy and birth. For example, a doctor may fail to diagnose a baby’s condition in time and the baby may come out with a birth defect. These negligent mistakes could harm the mother as well. Prenatal negligence may even justify a medical malpractice claim.
- Misdiagnosis: Sometimes doctors can misdiagnose conditions if two health conditions share similar symptoms. A misdiagnosis can be life-threatening if the physician hasn’t spent enough time treating the correct condition. It may be difficult to pursue damages for misdiagnosis, however, and the injured patient must be able to prove that the physician failed to meet a reasonable standard of care.
- Surgical Errors: Mistakes during surgery are another common medical malpractice claim a medical malpractice lawyers Brooklyn depends on sees. Surgical errors could include leaving a foreign object inside the patient or even operating on the wrong patient. Anesthesia errors may also occur, and small mistakes involving anaesthesia could be life-threatening.
- Administering the Wrong Medication: A medical malpractice claim can also be brought if a doctor administers the wrong medication to a patient. This type of negligence may be especially common in hospital settings, where it could be easy to mix up patients and their medication lists.
Damages in Medical Malpractice Cases
With the help of a medical malpractice attorney Brooklyn respects, a person who is the victim of medical malpractice may be awarded several types of damages. Let’s take a look at some of the common damages in these types of cases:
- Medical Costs: Whether the injuries resulted in minor bruises or permanent damage, a medical malpractice victim may get his or her medical costs compensated in a settlement.
- Loss of Income: If a patient’s injuries caused him or her to miss time from work, he or she may be compensated for those lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering: A medical malpractice victim may also be entitled to money for physical and mental suffering.
Contact an Experienced Brooklyn Medical Malpractice Attorney
If you or someone you love has been the victim of a medical malpractice incident, our lawyers may be able to help you claim financial compensation for your pain and suffering. A medical malpractice attorney Brooklyn counts on from our firm may work hard to see that justice is served. We offer free case evaluations for prospective clients and we invite you to speak with one of our attorneys about your legal options.
For more information about hiring a medical malpractice attorney Brooklyn offers, contact our firm at (718) 395-6126.