Answers to Frequently Asked Questions About Motorcycle Accidents
Our firm is a preferred choice for many victims who require a motorcycle accident lawyer Brooklyn offers. If you have been injured in a motorcycle crash caused by someone else, we may recommend a lawyer best suited for your needs.
A Brooklyn motorcycle accident lawyer may answer questions specific to your case. Presented here are answers to some of the more common questions we receive about motorcycle accidents and their resulting injuries.
My spouse was killed while riding his motorcycle. Can I sue the other driver?
Very possibly, though it depends on several factors. First, a detailed review of your case by a motorcycle accident lawyer in Brooklyn NY will be necessary. They will look at several important aspects of the case including:
- Will they be able to prove that the other driver was at fault?
- Was the accident avoidable?
- Was there malicious intent on the part of the other driver to intentionally cause harm to the motorcycle rider? (This can come into play when punitive damages are considered which would be in addition to other damages.)
- Does the at-fault driver have insurance or another means of paying for your damages, such as sizeable assets?
The at-fault driver claims the accident was my fault and their insurance company refuses to reimburse my damages. Can I still get compensation for my accident costs?
Under most circumstances, yes, you might still recover damages from your accident. Because New York is a no-fault state, you can simply file a claim with your own insurance company. However, if your damages exceed the limits of your own policy, you may need to file a lawsuit against the other driver. You may want to consider hiring an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer Brooklyn riders recommend. Attempting to navigate the legal justice system on your own is usually not the best option.
What kind of compensation can I expect from the negligent driver for causing my accident?
That will entirely depend on the circumstances of your accident and your accident costs. After a case review, a motorcycle accident lawyer Brooklyn bikers turn to may provide you with more guidance. You have the right to sue for your losses which might include any or all of the following:
- Medical costs and other financial expenses related to the accident over and above $50,000.
- Pain and suffering for any injury you sustained from the motorcycle accident that resulted in significant bodily disfigurement, a bone fracture, or other types of major injuries. Such injuries are defined under New York’s no-fault accident law.
- An injury that resulted in death as a result of the motorcycle accident. If you lost your loved one in a motorcycle crash caused by someone’s negligence, a motorcycle accident lawyer Brooklyn families turn to can file a wrongful death suit.
Free Case Evaluation
Our legal team offers a free case evaluation to any biker injured in an accident caused by someone else. We work to match you with an attorney who has represented other motorcyclists under similar circumstances. If you would like to speak with a motorcycle accident lawyer Brooklyn provides, call us today.